What Is CompatTelRunner.exe Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry?
CompatTelRunner.exe Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is a Windows system file developed by Microsoft Corporation for the Windows Operating System. You can look for CompatTelRunner.exe in C:WindowsSystem32 folder. If you want to update to the Windows newer version, CompatTelRunner.exe will help you make sure compatibility. This process is part of a Windows Update, it can make your computer run slow, so you want to disable or remove it.
Some most common CompatTelRunner.exe errors that can pop up on your Windows computer are:
- CompatTelRunner.exe Application Error.
- Cannot find CompatTelRunner.exe.
- CompatTelRunner.exe not found.
- Error starting program: CompatTelRunner.exe.
- CompatTelRunner.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
- CompatTelRunner.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- CompatTelRunner.exe is not running.
- Faulting Application Path: CompatTelRunner.exe.
- CompatTelRunner.exe failed.
How To Disable CompatTelRunner.exe?
Step 1. Open Registry Editor and go to Registry key:
Step 2. Then you create a new a 32-bit DWORD value named AllowTelemetry and set this Value data to 0.
Step 3. Now, you exit Registry Editor and disable Compattelrunner.exe Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry.
Step 4. Click Start menu, right-click the File Explorer item and select Manage from its context menu.
Step 5. In the left panel, you click Services and Applications > click Services.
Step 6. In the services, disable the following services:
- Diagnostics Tracking Service.
- Connected User Experiences and Telemetry.
Step 7. Then restart your computer and check if the CompatTelRunner.exe disabled.
To learn more how to disable CompatTelRunner.exe Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry you can also discover more here.
Hope you liked this tutorial on How to Disable CompatTelRunner.exe Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry. Please comment below if you need any help in Windows 7/8/8.1 or Windows 10.