Fix: Error 0xc000007b “The application was unable to start correctly” in Windows 7
This tutorial will help you to fix “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)” error message in Windows 7.
This is a very common error that sometimes appears while you trying to launch some DirectX games, programs or applications. According to users, it appears when a 32-bit application is trying to interact with 64-bit system environment.
How To Fix Error 0xc000007b Application in Windows 7
Although error 0xc000007b may appear with every Windows software that depends on DirectX, it most usually happens with the following games:
- Call of Duty: Ghosts ( iw6mp64_ship.exe )
- The Elder Scrolls Skyrim ( SkyrimLauncher.exe )
- Diablo 3 ( Diablo III.exe )
- Dirt 3 ( dirt3_game.exe )
- Far Cry Primal (FCPrimal.exe)
- Resident Evil Series
- Watch Dogs ( Watch_Dogs.exe )
- Just Cause 2 Multiplayer ( JcmpLauncher.exe )
- Child of Light ( ChildofLight.exe )
- Batman: Arkham City (BatmanAC.exe)
- Dead Island (_x86_rwdi.exe)
- Dead Rising (DeadRising.exe)
- Devil May Cry 4 (DMC4.exe)
- Assassins Creed IV Black Flag ( AC4BFSP.exe )
- Battlefield 4 ( bf4.exe )
Here are few simple ways that will solve error 0xc000007b or other similar error:
- First things first, you try running the application/program as administrator.
- Restart the machine and check if you can run the application.
- If the games or programs worked fine with your previous Windows edition(s), try running it under compatibility mode.
- In order to solve this error message, you can also reinstall the application.
- Make sure that you’ve installed .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 7.
If error 0xc000007b still persists, you can try to these methods below:
Method 1. Download DLL Files Commonly Used By Games
Step 1. Download DLL Files Commonly Used By Games at this link common_dlls_for_games.
Step 2. Restart your computer then boot into a Safe Mode.
Step 3. After logging in, you extract downloaded file and copy all files from System32 folder to C:WindowsSystem32 and all from SysWOW64 to C:WindowsSysWOW64
Step 4. Restart your computer and check the problem has resolved.
Method 2. Reinstall DirectX runtime components
In order to fix error 0xc000007b, you must usually keep your DirectX up to date.
To download DirectX Runtime Web Installer by click here.
Method 3. Reinstall all Microsoft Visual C++ runtime packages
Error 0xc000007b may occur when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured. Hence, make sure your Windows 7 have latest C++ Redistributable Package(s) installed.
If this error is still happening, try these methods in this source.
Hope this helps you.